Die casting alloys are normally non-ferrous, and there is a large number available with a wide range of physical and mechanical properties covering almost every conceivable application a designer might require.
Aluminum and zinc alloys are the most widely used, and are followed by magnesium, zinc-aluminum (AZ) alloys, copper, tin and lead.
Zinc, lead and tin based alloys are classified as low melting point metals, all melting at less than 725oF (385oC). Zinc-aluminum (ZA) alloys have a slightly higher melting range of 800oF to 900oF (426oC to 482oC). Aluminum and magnesium alloys are considered to be moderate melting point alloys, being cast in the 1150oF to 1300oF (621oC to 704oC) range. Copper alloys are considered to be high melting pint, over 1650oF (899oC). Low melting point alloys are cast in hot chamber machines. Intermediate and high melting point alloys are cast in cold chamber machines.
Aluminum die casting alloys are lightweight, offer good corrosion resistance, ease of casting, good mechanical properties and dimensional stability.
Although a variety of aluminum alloys made from primary or recycled metal can be die cast, most designers select standard alloys listed below:
360 — Selected for best corrosion resistance. Special alloys for special applications are available, but their use usually entails significant cost premiums.
380 — An alloy which provides the best combination of utility and cost.
383 & 384 — These alloys are a modification of 380. Both provide better die filling, but with a moderate sacrifice in mechanical properties, such as toughness.
390 — Selected for special applications where high strength, fluidity and wear-resistance/bearing properties are required.
413 (A13) — Used for maximum pressure tightness and fluidity.
Zinc base alloys are the easiest to die cast. Ductility is high and impact strength is excellent, making these alloys suitable for a wide range of products. Zinc alloys can be cast with thin walls and excellent surface smoothness making preparation for plating and painting relatively easy.
It is essential that only high purity (99.99 + 0/0) zinc metal be used in the formulation of alloys. Low limits on lead, tin and cadmium ensure the long-term integrity of the alloy’s strength and dimensional stability.
ZINC-ALUMINUM (ZA) ALLOYS
ZA alloys represent a new family of zinc based die casting materials which contain higher aluminum content than standard zinc alloys. These alloys provide high strength characteristics plus high hardness and good bearing properties. Thin wall castability characteristics and die life are similar to zinc alloys. ZA-8 is recommended for hot chamber die casting, which ZA-12 and ZA-27 must be cast by the cold chamber die casting process. All ZA alloys offer similar creep properties and are superior to standard zinc alloys.
ZA-8 — Provides strength, hardness and creep properties.
ZA-12 — Provides excellent bearing properties with strength and hardness characteristics between ZA-8 and ZA-27, plus good dimensional stability properties and somewhat better castability than ZA-27.
ZA-27 — Offers the highest mechanical properties of the ZA family and is, therefore, recommended when maximum performance is
One-stop services of Die-casting & Custom Manufacturing in China
- State-of-the-art Die Casting Facilities : 60,000 sq. ft. die casting floor space in China, 30 die casting machines for aluminum, magnesium, and zinc;
- Get the features you need all from a single provide. In-house CNC machining allows JINGXIN Die Casting to machine any element your casting requires. The latest technology means you can expect high-quality, repeatable machining of any type. We want to be your one-stop-shop for CNC machining and die cast services.
- Post Finish : We offer a series of post finishing services for die casting parts. The finish includes painting, electroplating, printing, powder coating, anodizing, sand blasting, E-coating, polishing, and passivation;
- We are ISO 9001 certified and our customers include some of the world’s toughest. Read More Quality control in House
- Customer Service : Our highly skilled, English-speaking staff work directly with your design engineers every step of the way, from the design stage through product delivery. We own and manage the entire life cycle of a die casting manufacturing project.
What we do to make sure you would get the quality parts from JINGXIN Die Casting shop in China.
We declare here that We will be responsible for our precision Die Casting all the time.
1.100% inspection before shipping and inspection shipment report for each piece of precision Die Casting is available. (ISO quality control during the whole production).
2. We have served Volvo auto corp since 2016 as an approved precision CNC milling company in China. no complaint so far.
3. In case Any precision Die Casting that is outside tolerance and your special specification, we will remake and delivery as fast as we can; 100% free from our side.
4. For past years, JINGXIN Die Casting company has manufacturing thousands of pieces precision Die Casting components for our customers. 99.9% satisfaction feedback drives us to supply more quality precision machined parts to meet customer’s request.